This non-residential training, held at unfold studios, Portland and led by Molly Lannon Kenny, will allow eligible advancing IMT students the opportunity to see and work with real clients as they begin to apply IMT Level 1 and mentorship skills to real situations. IMT Level 2 training is offered only once each year.
Please note that payment is for the 60-hour training only. Food and lodging in Portland are NOT included.
The IMT Level 2 Training focuses on the following as they relate to various populations and age groups an IMT trainee might work with:
- review and reinforcement of IMT’s philosophy and six core principles
- ability to define and articulate the basics of IMT for a variety of audiences
- specific techniques of Thai Yoga, including a full 30 minute sequence
- use of mantra
- use of visual scheduling
- specific philosophies from Vedic, Christian and other faith bases to gain and share perspectives on therapy, life and your role as teacher/therapist
- specific use of asana to create whole body metaphors for difficult life situations
- developing and sharing a consistent gratitude practice
- reading intake forms
- intake and assessment
- structuring and completing intake session
- planning and documenting an IMT session
- review of specific techniques and activities for each age group
- sensory integration
- vestibular system
- respiratory system
- role-playing challenging situations
- peer feedback
- practice articulating what you are doing as a therapist, and why – providing rationales based on the IMT framework and philosophies
The IMT Level Two Training will boost your confidence and skills in integrating yoga philosophy and practice with more conventional structures and techniques of traditional clinical disciplines.
Please note our refund policy for the Level 2 retreat.
Level 2 retreat happens just once a year. Must be paid in full 30 days prior to start of training in order to be registered for training. Cancellations before 30 days will be refunded in full. Cancellations made within the 30 day prior window will be as follows:
Before August 4: 75% refund
Between August 4 and August 11: 50 % refund
Between August 11 and August 18: 25% refund
After August 18, no refunds. However, all retained fees may be applied to any other workshop or training offered by Molly Lannon Kenny